Tuesday 2 July 2013

Day 3 - Creed

I shall not judge my house, my kids activities or my crafting skills by Pinterest Standard's!

I shall not measure what I have accomplished today by the ton of unfolded laundry and dishes in the sink but by the assurance of deep love I've tickled into C1 & C2.

I shall say "yes" to blanket forts and play dough and messy craft and see past the chaos but to the memories we are building.

I shall surprise my kids once in awhile with trips to get ice cream whey they are already in their pj's.

I WILL NOT compare myself to other mothers but find my own identity and embrace it along with the children I have been blessed with.

I will try my best to remember that a messy house at peace is better than an immaculate house tied up in knots (I've nailed this one).

I shall play my Country/Folk Music loudly (sorry DF1) and teach my kids the joy of wildly, uncoordinated dancing, just like me.

I shall remind myself that perfect is just a street sign at the intersection of impossible and frustration in Never Never Land.

I shall embrace the fact that becoming a Mom I traded perfect for a house full of real.

I shall promise to love this body that bore these two children, out loud, especially in front of my daughter (C2).

I shall give my other mother friends the gift of guilt-free friendship.

I shall do my best to admit to my people my "not so fine" moments

I shall say sorry when sorry is necessary

I hope that I shall never be too proud, angry or stubborn to ask for my children's forgiveness when required.

I shall make space in my own grown up world for "goof" ball moments with my kids

I shall love their father and make sure THEY know I love him.

I shall model kind words to kids and grown ups alike.

I shall not be intimidated by the inside of my car this time of  wrappers, odd socks and single shoes will one day pass.

I shall always make time to encourage and compliment other moms.

I shall not resent the last call for water, hugs and kisses because when I blink it will be gone.

TTFN


No comments:

Post a Comment