Thursday 1 August 2013

I have NO IDEA what day I'm up too!

So I saw this cartoon and realized that it doesn't matter what "situation" we/anyone is in, it's just how we look at it.  My son asked me today "is a dollar a lot of money" and my reply was, "it's all how you look at it, isn't it, to us it might not seem like much but to those who have nothing it might mean the world".  Then he asked me how long a piece of string was (not really but I felt like that was where he was headed).

Our situation on day two of a 3 week stint of daddy being away might seem awful to us (we are a wee bit emotional tonight) but to others we are lucky to have what is considered a nuclear family and a functioning one at that.  I just got off the phone with Mr De Facto and he is counting the days (we are up to number 2) that he has been gone and I'm just trying to get through the days and not think about it thus realizing it must be hard on him too!

I wonder how many "group" get togethers  the guys have on site for expressing how they feel and sharing with other men, probably not many hence why I'm grateful to FIFO.  They organize a get together once a month for the wives and partners of FIFO's and DIDO's to catch up, have a play and just have a chat to other mothers in the same situation.  There is actually a function planned for this Sunday, see the link below.







Anyhow, I was keen for a glass of wine tonight and realized I had none in the house and was wondering what I could say to a friend or neighbour:

"Hi, I had to work all day, do you mind coming over for a few minutes to watch the kids so I can go pick up some wine", no mom has EVER said!!!

TTFN


Do they make a bra for front and back?????




No comments:

Post a Comment